14/01/2011

LAZY FRIDAY

Today is a really peaceful day. I'm sitting on the couch, doing calligraphy. My hand has gone off this and all the lines turn out crooked but it's a lovely hobby nevertheless. I also got a message that I'd been waiting for, so I'm really happy about possible change in the near future. We also browsed through the ads for a diesel SAAB because petrol has become sooo expensive lately.

All the snow is melting away and the temperatures stay mild. Skies are grey and everything is just so peaceful. I keep adding things to my list of to-do and to-try stuff but there's not much I can cross out..lazy me!

Let me show you some of the finest equestrian portraits by the famous French photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand. He's mostly known for his aerial photography but I'm a long-time admirer of his equestrian photography, shot against a canvas backdrop. He captures the relationship of the animal and its owner in the most expressive ways possible. And the lightning! You must take a look!









And the person in the last photo is someone I admire as well. It's Mario Luraschi, an amazing stuntman, who trains his horses with so much love. He's such an amazing professional, I'm truly stunned by his work. He can train a horse to run straight into a wall without ever doubting his master's will. Of course he's never made any horse run into a wall - the wall is actually made of paper but since the horse can't see through it, to his understanding it's a solid wall and he'll get killed if he runs straight into it. It's the ultimate gesture of trust as the horse knows that his master would never hurt him. It's so amazing! He's a true equestrian genius!

Cheers!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Tik skaisti Tu raksti par Luraši un tik skaistas ir tās fotogrāfijas.. esmu aizkustināts. Tā arābu ģimene, piemēram:) Viņš stāv tur kā jau ģimenes loceklis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nu jā, arābu ģimenei tas ir lielākais dārgums un lepnums noteikti :)

    ReplyDelete